Global Youth Network
Global Youth Network for Empowerment and Development Sierra Leone (GYNED-SL) was established and exists as a result of the humane passion in addressing crosscutting issues evolving around the welfare, transformation and development of youth and young people, especially women from the trepidation of society in Sierra Leone.
GYNED is legally registered and functional as a Non-governmental Organisation in the annals of the Sierra Leone Association of Non-Governmental Organizations (SLANGO), the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development (MoFED), the Ministry of Social Welfare, Gender and Children Affairs (MSWGCA), the Ministry of Youth Affairs (MoYA), the Ministry of Education Science and Technology (MEST), the National Youth Commission (NAYCOM), and GYNED is not only a member of the TVET Coalition, but an ex-officio, and the NGO representative on the Steering Committee of the TVET Coalition of Sierra Leone.
GYNED has a nation-wide scope of operations through our district youth representatives and member organisations in all 16 districts in Sierra Leone. Our main targets are specifically Youth, which includes Young women, Girls and other minority groups, because of the many challenging issues surrounding their growth and developments, particularly in this part of the world where they continue to face deprivation, violence and other forms of abuse in their daily lives.
So, we educate, promote and advocate for them to enjoy their human rights, and have equal access to opportunities regardless of their gender, tribe or race, and further provide relevant transformational services for their survival and development that will enhance them to become liberated, empowered, self-reliant and key partners in national sustainable development and growth. We are keenly committed and dedicated to promoting human capital development holistically by tackling acute poverty and youth unemployment issues through effective advocacy and service delivery at community, local and national levels.
AFFORD Sierra Leone
The African Foundation for Development in Sierra Leone (AFFORD-SL) seeks to facilitate the creation, protection and maintenance of jobs through practical support of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME). The organisation relies on support from the African Diaspora who partner with Sierra Leoneans on the ground to provide investment and input on business training through the deployment of Business Coaches and Advisors.
The Community Empowerment for Peace and Agricultural Development CEPAD is a community-based organisation founded in Kenema, Sierra Leone with the hope to improve youth employability by empowering the youth with relevant skills required by the job market.
The specific project objectives are:
- Improve the skills of the Sierra Leonean youth
- Improve the employability of the Sierra Leonean youth
- Strengthen the capacities of key stakeholders
- Scale-up successful pilot initiatives
- Our intervention areas include: agricultural development, youth employment promotion through business development services (BDS), health sector development, governance reform and education
Responsibilities of CEPAD-SL in the Graduate Entrepreneurship Programme (GEP)
- Provide Facilitators to be trained as trainers in implementing the graduate entrepreneurship programme
- Raise public awareness on the GEP and recruit 35 graduates from tertiary and TVET institutions
- Select graduates students and support them through training, coaching and mentorship
- Provide feedback to NAYCOM and Lattanzio on the progress of the implementation.
Graduates from tertiary institutions
Graduate from TVET institutions